Yaktrax Walker (Black, Size Medium)
> View Yaktrax Walker Size Chart (all sizes, U.S. & European)
Yaktrax Walker is available in sizes Small, Medium, and Large.
Yaktrax Pro is available in sizes Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large.
- New & Improved 2008 model!
- Spikeless, ultra-lightweight, easy to put on/take off
- Hand-wound coils give you 360 degrees of traction.
- Ten times the gripping points as any spike-based traction device.
- Recommended in magazines such as Newsweek, Country Living, Outdoor Life, and Men's Health.
- Ideal for pedestrians, the elderly, business people or anyone who wants greater stability on ice and snow.
New and improved model for 2008! Yaktrax are lightweight, compact and fit over nearly all types of shoes. When you walk or run with a pair of Yaktrax, the scientifically engineered coil design will give you 360 degrees of traction. Hundreds of biting edges come in contact with the ice and packed snow beneath your feet. You will move about naturally. There is nothing new to learn, just walk as you normally would and experience stability on ice and snow like you have never felt before.
Yaktrax are made for everyone from kids to the elderly. Runners, walkers, workers or anyone who faces the elements of winter will stay safer this winter with a pair of Yaktrax.
Medical Study Results
A new study conducted by Fergus Eoin McKiernan, MD, of the Center for Bone Diseases, Marshfield Clinic, and published by the American Geriatrics Society in its June, 2005 issue, confirms that the Yaktrax Walker keeps the elderly safer on ice and snow.
> Read the complete Medical Study (PDF format, 1.1 MB)
Slips and Falls: How Serious is the Problem?
According to the CDC's National Center For Injury Prevention and Control, slips and falls are a problem not to be taken lightly.
- In the United States, one of every three adults 65 year old or older falls each year.
- Among older adults, falls are the most common cause of injuries and hospital admissions for traumas.
- Falls account for 87% of all fractures for people 65 years and older. They are also the second leading cause of spinal cord and brain injury among other adults.
- Among older adults, fractures are the most serious health outcomes associated with falls. About 3% of all falls cause fractures.The most common are fractures of the pelvis, hip, femur, vertebrae, humerus, hand, forearm, leg and ankle.
- Falls are the leading cause of injury deaths among people 65 years and older.
Tips and Precautions
Always walk with extreme care on ice. Yaktrax is designed to give you confidence and safety in snowy or icy conditions. Yaktrax is not for use on gravel, concrete or sanded roads. Avoid surfaces such as marble, tile or any non-icy, non-snowy surfaces when wearing the Yaktrax.
Walk with your Yaktrax as you normally would wearing a pair of shoes.
Always use common sense when walking on ice with any traction device.
Customers interested in this item may also like:
|Copyright © 2003-2006 Jazebra.com||Home | Products | Site Map | Customer Testimonials | Contact | View Cart|